Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We seek groundspeople in Queenstown, Otago:
- 1 x Qualified and experienced groundsperson
- 1 x Trainee groundsperson – ideally would suit someone with experience, who is looking to formalise their career through qualification completion with support from Delta.
The main responsibility for these roles will be assisting in the preparation and maintenance of grass cricket wickets and fields. Duties also include general ground and sports field maintenance, such as mowing, tractor operations, sports field repairs, weed control, irrigation, and ensuring that the grounds are well presented at all times.
The positions require people who are physically fit, ideally live in the region already and who have a keen interest and previous experience in the following:
- Proven experience in turf and sportsfield areas with an understanding (or foundation of understanding) of cricket pitch and sportsground preparation;
- Proven experience with turf management equipment operation and mowing equipment;
- Understands and adheres to Health & Safety guidelines and best practice;
- Enjoys working outside in all weathers;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Level 4 turf management qualification (working towards, completed or interest in pursuing);
- Current and clean drivers licence.
The person we seek will exhibit tidy and methodical work practices along with the ability to work independently, with a high level of emphasis on health and safety practices. We seek a candidate who is motivated and who will demonstrate a high level of quality, customer service and commitment to our team. Previous experience with irrigation would be an advantage.
If this sounds like you, and you want to join a supportive organisation in a stunning location, then we want to hear from you! Apply online now or contact Paul Cahill, Regional Business Manager on 021 832 544 for a confidential discussion.
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find out more about Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.