Trainee Line Mechanic - Wanaka
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
Do you want to be part of building the electrical infrastructure for businesses and homes in Queenstown Lakes District and Central Otago?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Line Mechanic to join our team, to be based in Wanaka. This is an apprenticeship opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career within the Electrical Distribution industry.
Trainees will undertake a training programme that involves a mixture of on-the-job training and theoretical ‘block’ courses for approximately 3 years in duration. You will work your way to becoming registered with the EWRB. Your role will involve installing, repairing and maintaining overhead and underground power lines, essentially keeping the power on for our community.
- You will enjoy working in the outdoors and be physically fit;
- You will have a sound academic record with good achievement in Year 11 Mathematics and Science/Physics;
- You’re highly motivated and keen to learn, with the ability to set and achieve goals;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You have great attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- You hold a current and clean class 1 Driver’s Licence;
- If you’ve completed a pre-trade course or have relevant experience it may be an advantage.
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to earn while you learn to gain a recognised qualification;
- Being involved in interesting projects within Lakes District and Central Otago;
- Joining a progressive organisation;
- Ongoing career and development opportunities;
- Being part of a supportive and dedicated team.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.