Safety Assurance Advisor
Otago - Dunedin City
Safety Assurance Advisor – Dunedin
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety Assurance Advisor to join our Health and Safety team. Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, the role is based in Dunedin and involves developing and maintaining a formal internal audit and assurance program to ensure legal and contractual obligations are continuously met for the organisation.
Key responsibilities include –
- Developing and maintaining an audit and assurance program
- Collecting, analysing and reporting for risk management and quality assurance
- Performing site audits to maintain a high standard of quality assurance in the field and improve process and procedures with staff
- Ensuring our safety management system is utilised and is kept relevant and up to date
- Advising on best practice for safety across all levels of the business.
From time to time there may be travel to our other offices, depots and work sites throughout the South Island.
- A minimum of 5+ years proven experience in a Risk/Safety role or equivalent in a high risk environment.
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Current working knowledge of legislation, regulations and guidelines
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing, incident investigation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the natural ability to build rapport and nurture relationships
- Able to work under pressure in a variable and fast-paced environment
- A current and clean drivers licence
- Experience within the Electrical Distribution industry is highly advantageous.
What’s on offer:
- Career and development opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- A supportive work environment
- Joining an interesting, diverse and progressive organisation
- Relocation assistance will be taken into consideration.
If you think this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.