Electrical Apprenticeship opportunity – Cromwell
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
Do you want to be part of building the electrical infrastructure for businesses and homes in Central Otago? Come join us at Delta and learn while you earn to become a high voltage electrical Cable Jointer in Cromwell.
Becoming a Cable Jointer is much more than just cables, with work on all underground and overhead electricity network assets being undertaken.
Trainees undertake a training programme of approximately 3 years in duration, at the end of which they will become Registered Electricity Distribution Cable Jointers. Following registration further career opportunities, depending on motivation and aptitude, may be made available to allow the employee to begin to specialise in Underground Cable work, Live Line Work, or design.
- You will enjoy working in the outdoors and be physically fit;
- You will have a sound academic record with good achievement in Year 11 Mathematics and/or Science/Physics;
- You’re highly motivated and keen to learn, with the ability to set and achieve goals;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You have great attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- You hold a current and clean class 1 Driver’s Licence;
- If you’ve completed a pre-trade course or have relevant experience it may be an advantage.
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to earn while you learn to gain a recognised qualification;
- Being involved in interesting projects within Central Otago;
- Joining a progressive organisation;
- Ongoing career and development opportunities;
- Being part of a supportive and dedicated team.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.