Otago - Wanaka
Utility Arborist - Wanaka
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
Due to a resignation, we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Utility Arborist to join our team in Wanaka. The role involves general utility arborist tasks and duties, such as pruning, removing and maintaining trees and vegetation from conflict with overhead power lines and structures, operating bucket trucks and other equipment around energised lines. The role also requires responding to faults and tree related emergencies in the area when needed.
- Level 4 Arborist qualification (or working towards), however relevant experience will be considered.
- Previous experience as a capable Arborist;
- A demonstrated Health & Safety focus, ensuring own and others' safety at all times;
- Able to work alone or as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- Flexible and reliable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Physically fit;
- A current and clean drivers license (preferably class 4);
- Good geographical knowledge of the region is a bonus.
What’s on offer:
- All gear provided
- Training and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- A dedicated and supportive team
- A great lifestyle with plenty to offer in the Lakes District region
- Joining a progressive organisation
- Relocation assistance will be taken into consideration.
If this sounds like you, and you want to become part of a great team in an envious location, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.