Weed Spray Operator – Dunedin
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We have a vacancy within our Environmental Services division in the Dunedin area for a vegetation control operator.
This position involves working independently as well as part of a team to maintain green spaces in Dunedin to a high standard. The work includes weed spraying, weed trimming and general park maintenance duties.
Requirements for the role:
- Has relevant experience, knowledge and skills to hit the ground running.
- Enjoys working outside and is prepared to be flexible about hours of work and willing to perform a range of tasks
- Is self-motivated, works hard and uses their initiative.
- Can be relied upon to work unsupervised in a safe and efficient manner.
- Works well in a team and can interact with members of the public in a positive and constructive manner.
- Has a clean driving licence.
Qualifications such as a Growsafe Certificate, Class 2 driver’s licence and ATV driving certificate are desirable, however consideration will be given to applicants who don’t have qualifications but do have relevant experience and the required attributes above.
What’s on offer:
- All gear provided
- Training and development opportunities
- A dedicated and supportive team
- Joining a progressive organisation
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.